video of the graffitti + throwie event last friday in vienna
“Software is not perfect when there is nothing left to add, but rather when there is nothing extraneous left to take away.”
think about it.
via: Gunnar, original source: manifest somewhere on the internet.
a nice question, asked to ATM users:
- No, Thanks
see the image at the dailty WTF (not including it here, its their pic)
via: litfass, DFKI internal KM system.
so it seems: 23:00, MQ vienna.
Tonight, some guys from the Vienna Metalab, in cooperation with Idontknowwhoelse, are going to do amazing urban hacking in vienna.
Also, it seems that 1000 throwies will find new plazes to stick and glow.
fuckit, and I am stuck in Kaiserslautern.
Looking on arte.tv at the french elecetions, we see that one of the candidates went to La Reunion to get more supporters. La Reunion? Another overseas departement of France, like the one we visited, Martinique.
- its got a cool name
- people tried to inhabit it but died – I love the challenge
- its part of the EU – what could seriously happen when going there (although madagascar claims it)
- and finally, I got convinced by this sentence: The island … has a meteorological station and is visited by scientists.
I am a scientist! I can go there!
This is a moment like Johannes Grenzfurthner had it when he fell on a world map in front of the Museumsquartier and hit an antarctic island with his nose: lets find out how to get there.
A nice Freud’scher mis-speaking happened in one of our meetings:
…In dynamic languages like poothy and rybon ….
Here the whole spam
“Fire Jarhead Prime Harvest”
why the fuck do these idiots spam me anyway??? 1788!!
From – Mon Dec 04 23:31:06 2006
Delivery-Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 23:05:30 +0100
… (cut out our servers here)….
Received: from [22.214.171.124] ([126.96.36.199])
by mailgw2.uni-kl.de (8.13.4/8.13.4/Debian-3sarge3) with ESMTP id kB4M5L7J009960
for ; Mon, 4 Dec 2006 23:05:26 +0100
From: “WereRabbit In”
Subject: Fire Jarhead Prime Harvest
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 06:05:19 +0800
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2962
a few days ago, I read this very well done article by New York Times on Bob Burnquist who build the worlds biggest skateboard ramp.
Basically, he build a 280.000$ ramp on his land in California. They say he build it in the backyard of his house, but given the dimension of the more-than-a-footballfield large construction, the house is rather in the backyard of the ramp.
If you don’t have a login for NYTimes, click dontbuggme or get an account, this article is worth looking at.
and you must watch the video.
I put a newly bought audio-cd “Dendemann-Die Pfütze des Eisbergs” into my iBook drive, to listen and rip it with iTunes. That is the main application of iTunes – right?
- iTunes blocks and then hangs and fucks up. Great!
- ok, pressing F12 (the key to eject cd on iBooks) does nothing. So it fucked up the OS
- closing iTunes via alt+apple-esc (=ctrlaltdelete). cd still eaten
- ok, this machine is stuck, I’ll reboot and blog on then…
- oh! rebooting doesn’t work because the f*** cd driver seems to be hacked directly to the kernel or however they did it, I had to hard-reset the machine (basically, pulling the power chord)
So, after rebooting I wisely
- close iTunes
- put in the CD
- wait till this event of putting the CD in the slot starts iTunes, then
- iTunes asks me if I want to rip this CD, which I want
- and then it works
great! everythings so easy today.
R U serious I have to ask – or are you intentionally f***** it up so that I have to buy the music at the iTunes music store? (which is ok, but then I suddenly think about Audiograbber and Winamp…)